Ofsted have confirmed that Strood Academy is a good school, a "thriving and rapidly improving Academy".We are delighted with the findings of the Ofsted visit in June 2013. which reflect the hard work of our students, their parents and carers, staff and governors at Strood Academy. Headline quotes from the inspection, which rates Strood Academy as "Good" in all areas, are as follows:
- This is a thriving and rapidly improving academy. The Principal and his senior team are ambitious with a strong moral purpose. They are rightly proud of the improvements they have made to the academy and they are passionate about ensuring that all students are cared for and achieve well from good teaching.
- Students’ results are improving. Progress from their starting points currently compares favourably with that of students in similar schools.
- The sixth form is good. A varied range of subjects and courses enables students to make good progress and be well prepared for the next stage in their education. Numbers of students applying for university courses are increasing.
- Teaching is typically good. Teachers benefit from high-quality training and valuable feedback about their work.
- Behaviour is good and improving. Students are polite and proud to be part of the academy. The academy is a welcoming, safe and friendly place.
- Disabled students and those who have special educational needs make good progress and catch up with their peers. Students known to be eligible for the pupil premium are supported exceptionally well and achieve good results.
- The academy is forging strong links with the local community and is making a positive contribution to raising aspirations for students and parents.