ICT - OCR Level 2 Cambridge National Certificate
This is a vocationally-related qualification that takes an engaging, practical and inspiring approach to learning and assessment. The everyday use of ICT, from PCs to smartphones, now impacts all of our lives. This new Cambridge Nationals in ICT reflects this and provides students with a solid understanding of the subject which they can use in their working lives. Three themes are covered: business information systems, creative and technical.
What will you study?
The course is made up of 4 units of study:
- Unit 1 – Understanding Computer Systems
- Unit 2 – Using ICT Skills to Create Business Solutions
Plus two of:
- Handling data using spreadsheets
- Handling data using databases
- Creating an interactive product using multimedia components
- Creating digital images
- Creating dynamic products using sound and vision
- Introduction to computer programming
- Exploring computer hardware and networks
- Developing control systems