Learning a language will teach you social skills, make you an excellent communicator and increase your confidence.
You will be able to connect with other cultures, get yourself noticed overseas and travel abroad without feeling like you are a tourist !
Top employers are looking for these qualities in YOU.
Study a language at Strood Academy and give yourself the edge
Learn the language of our most important industrial trading partner.
What will you study?
The course aims to develop the students ability to use language effectively for purposes of practical communication and to encourage positive attitudes to foreign language learning.
Students will continue to cover the 4 main skills of language learning (listening, speaking, reading and writing) through a variety of topics such as:
- Free time activities
- Shopping, money, fashion and trends
- Advantages and disadvantages of new technology
- Plans, preferences, experiences
- What to see and getting around
- Special occasions celebrated in the home
- Home, town, neighbourhood and region, where it is and what it is like
- Healthy and unhealthy lifestyles and their consequences
- Relationships with family and friends
- Future plans regarding; marriage/partnership
- Social issues and equality
- Current problems facing the planet
- Being environmentally friendly within the home and local area
- What school/college is like
- Pressures and problems
- Looking for and getting a job
- Advantages and disadvantages of different jobs.